This is a long name for a wonderful dish that the whole family liked. This recipe showed up on my Facebook with a video of the making of the dish. The video made it look so easy and also delicious; the two must-have for a meal at my house. So I put it on the meal plan for the week.
While shopping I had forgot to write down a couple of the ingredients, but I started the recipe any way. The first ingredient I didn’t have on hand was heavy cream and I didn’t have any chicken broth, which I thought I had in the cabinet. I didn’t let that stop me.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced (I used more. Four won’t feed my family of 5 or more if someone stops by, which happens often.)
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 8 oz. of slice mushrooms
- Creamy Parmesan Garlic Sauce (Which I made with substitutions.)
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (I need to buy a garlic press.)
- 1 Tablespoon of flour
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth (I thought I had some. I’ll explain what I did in the directions.)
- 1 cup heavy cream or half & half ( Do you know what to substitute for this? I do now.)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of spinach, chopped
- In a large skillet, add olive oil and cook the chicken on medium high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until brown on each side; Cook until no longer pink in center. Remove chicken and set aside on a plate. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook for a few minutes until tender. (I added a little more olive oil at this point.) Remove and set them aside.
- To make the sauce, add the butter and melt. (I used the same skillet.) Add garlic and cook until tender. Whisk in flour until it thickens. Whisk in chicken broth, (Since I was missing the broth, I boiled some water and used a chicken bullion cube.) heavy cream, ( Substitute 1/4 cup butter and 1/2 cup milk.) Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, pepper and salt. I moved the sauce to a sauce pan at this time. Add the spinach and let simmer until it starts to thicken and spinach wilts. Add the chicken and mushrooms to the sauce and serve over pasta.
I served this over spaghetti noodles because that is what I had on hand. Next time I plan on being better prepared and serve it over linguine pasta.
If you decide to make this dish, let me know how your family likes it.
To leave a comment: