Yesterday, since I was home in the afternoon, I decided to try a new recipe the I had saved on Pinterest. It is called an Elvis Presley Cake and it used crushed pineapple which my whole family likes.
Elvis Presley Cake
- White cake mix
- 8 oz. can of crushed pineapple
- 1 cup of sugar
- 8 oz. pkg of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of butter softened
- 3 cups of powder sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 2 – 3 cups of crushed pecans
Bake the cake as directed on the box, let it cool and poke holes in it. I used the small round handle of a mixing spoon.
Boil the can of crushed pineapple with the juice and one cup of sugar. Pour over the cake.
In a large bowl mix cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar. Add vanilla and crushed pecans and mix well. Spread over cake.
This is a very good cake, but it is rich and super sweet.
What desserts did you make this week?
- 1 (18.5 oz.) pkg yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. vegetable oil
- 1 (11 oz.) can mandarin orange segments
- 1 (8 oz.) container frozen whipped topping (thawed)
- 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 (3.5) pkg instant vanilla pudding mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, oil and mandarin oranges with juice. Beat until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- To make the topping: In a large bowl, beat together whipped topping, pineapple with juice and dry pudding mix until blended. Spread on cake.
This was a big hit with my family.
I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com.