All of us have unique details in our lives that make us who we are, different than anyone else. Today I am going to give you 20 things about me.
1. First, I am a child of God, a born again Christian. My faith is very important to me.
2. I married very young. I graduated from high school is May of 1974 at the age of 17 and was married 3 months later, 2 weeks before my 18th birthday. We are still married today.
3. I had my first daughter in 1976 when I was 19.
4. I am the mother of 3 girls and one boy.
5. My husband and I have 12 grandchildren and one great-grandson. Our first great-granddaughter is due next month.
6. Even though my parents had made their home in Columbus, Ohio, I was born in Point Pleasant, West Virginia. My mother had been visiting her mother at the time of my birth.
7. I lived with my parents in Fairbanks, Alaska as a young child. This is where my younger sister was born.
8. I have one younger sister and one younger brother.
9. My mother died at a very young age. I was only 10 at the time. We, my siblings, my mother and I, we’re living with her parents at the time. We continued to live with our grandparents after her death.
10. I started college, part time, the month before my youngest turned one.
11. I graduated from college in 1992 cum laude, with a bachelor’s degree in English education.
12. I worked as a substitute teacher for 5 years before getting my own classroom.
13. I began teaching a severe behaviourally handicapped class in 1997. I am still working at the same school.
14. Today I am teaching a multi-handicapped class at the same school.
15. I earned my Master’s degree in special education in 2000.
16. I also went on to earn a one year certificate in Deaf studies and sign language.
17. One of my daughters and her 3 children live with me and my husband.
18. I enjoy reading, crafting, photography, travel, and sewing. Check out my Facebook page, Perilin Creations.
19. My favorite TV show is Dancing with the Stars.
20. My favorite dog is a Pomeranian. I do not have one right now, but hoping to get a white one after I retire. (About 3 years)
Have you ever looked up the meaning or origin of your name? I know I have on multiple occasions. We have all played the silly, but fun name games as children and maybe as adults. Many of us continue to participate in name games as we get older (just for fun). Try out What Your Name Says about your Personality? for kicks.
As I was researching this post I happened upon a post by A Cup of Jo in which she talked about a person’s name determining their personality. She had found a website, First Name Meanings, that seemed to hit the nail on the head so to speak. I began looking up the meaning of members of my family and of course myself. It seemed eerily accurate in many of the names of my family and myself.
For my granddaughter, Shyla, her name fit her to a “t”. She likes “movement, speed and travel.” This tiny 8 year old is never still for a minute. We just returned from a shopping trip where she danced, hopped, and sang her way through every store. She likes an adrenaline rush.
Dylan, her 10 year old brother, on the other hand likes “peace and quiet, solitude and the sweet safety of their homes.” Not only does he like being at home, he wants everyone at home with him or he worries about them.
Zayden is the baby, 14 months old, and after a little more research I settled on associating his name with that of Zayd on the list. What youngster at this age does not like “freedom to indulge in the pleasures of this world.” His environment is all new to him and he is out to conquer it all.
So the big question for me was what does my blog’s name mean? First. let me explain how I came up with the name. My maiden name is Perry, my first name is Linda, hence Perilin. Because I began by sewing and creating things I choose Creations. See my facebook page. After delving into the meanings of my two names I have come to the conclusion that my blog, or me, is industrious and wants to shine and be admired.
What about you? What does your name say about you? And is it accurate?
I have been constantly studying about blogging for a few months now. Believe me, this is more complicated then it seems. I am still trying to figure out how to ad Google Adsense, find sponsors, and overall monetize my blog. On top of that I want to publish blogs that are helpful and relevant to your lives. So I have jumped in to sink or swim.
I have always enjoyed writing although the last several years it has taken a back seat to my full time job as a special education teacher, wife, mother, and grandmother. Even though we are now grandparents and great-grandparents, we still have little ones in the house. We are currently helping our daughter raise her 3 young children. This leads to a very full and busy life.